Discipleship is the life of following Christ. It requires more than presence; it asks us to live a life that resembles Christ. Discipleship is also difficult to discern alone; a community of committed followers can encourage, support, and guide one another.
When the Grace building was open and available, we offered a variety of adult small groups that provided opportunities for learning and friendship. We’re eager to begin meeting in-person meetings! For now, the Adult Classes meet as one via Zoom on Sunday mornings at 9 a.m. Below, please see the choices we have offered in the past – and will, again!
Sunday Classes (currently one class, 9:00 a.m. Sundays, via Zoom)
- The Connectors Class meets at 9:00 a.m.
- The Searchers Class meets at 11:30 a.m.
Currently meeting online
- Grace Book Club meets on the second Monday each month via Zoom. Please contact Maureen Danz for current book choices and Zoom details.
- Prayer Partners meet Mondays at 7:00 p.m. via Zoom for a brief time of connection, faith-building, prayer and focus on an event, poem, scripture verse, whatever serves as inspiration! Please contact leader Mark Gruber Lebowitz for more information.
- Beloved Community Small Group meets every other Tuesday at 7:00 p.m. and is currently using the Be the Bridge curriculum. Contact Rev. Amy McCullough for more information.
- Lenten Study – Hosanna: A Spiritual Journey through Holy Week
- This year’s Lenten study will explore the main texts in all four Gospels and in Paul’s writings that deal specifically with the last week of Jesus’ life and with the resurrection. Led by Rev. Amy McCullough, the group will meet for four consecutive weeks on both Wednesdays at 10:00 a.m. (in person) and Thursday evenings at 7:00 p.m. (via Zoom) starting the week of Wednesday, March 16th. Wednesday dates are March 16, 23, 30 and April 6. Thursday classes will be March 17, 24, 31 and April 7. To sign up, email Rev. McCullough directly.
To resume in the future
- Christ in My Life
- The Logos study group
- Prayer shawl knitters